Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Little Prince is not Cookie Monster

Why do we call him Cookie Monster? Grew up watching Sesame Street and I don’t even thought of him as a monster. He’s just somebody who happens to love cookies. Like a kid who loves lollipops. Or perhaps a shopaholic whose eyes glimmers when she sees the 50% discount signage. And maybe an artist and his paint brushes.

Point is, we only see the person based on the label given by the society to him. Forced because needed to.

A quote from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s The Little Prince

If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get any idea of that house at all. 


You would have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” 


Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house it is!”

Get it?

My heart screamed so loud, my mind answered tonight.
x,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment